At CIRA, we believe Canadians have both the right to be informed about how the Internet develops and a responsibility to act on it.
Whether you use the Internet for work or play, you can shape your digital future online by getting involved in the governance of an organization that now more than ever represents Canadians – and Canadian values – online.
Canadians Connected 2014: CIRA Symposium and Annual General Meeting (AGM) is one of the most important Internet events of the year.
What’s in it for you?
Attending Canadians Connected 2014 gives you the opportunity to:
- Hear from high profile Canadian speakers including former CBC Dragon Brett Wilson and Unmarketing’s Scott Stratten.
- Get access to exclusive learning opportunities on key business-related digital topics and an insider view of CIRA’s recent activities.
- Shape your digital future online by getting involved in the governance of an organization that represents Canadians – and Canadian values – online.
- Share your thoughts on the development, deployment and governance of the Internet in Canada.
- Learn about getting your business online and ways to grow with .CA.
- Meet and network with CIRA Board members, key staff and other like-minded individuals within the Internet community.
- Participate in the direction of the organization that operates the .CA domain.
- Help advance the Internet in Canada by supporting an organization that now more than ever represents Canadians – and Canadian values – online.
Can’t attend in person? The event will be available by interactive webcast.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW…
As per the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act and CIRA’s By-law, in order to participate as a voting Member in the Annual General Meeting (AGM) either online or in-person, you must have been a .CA Member at least 21 days prior to the AGM (specifically, by end of day August 27, 2014) and continue to be a Member at the start of the AGM.
Not a .CA Member? Apply online! To be eligible to vote in the AGM and Board of Directors Election, we recommend you submit your membership application by August 17, 2014 to allow time for processing.